108 NW 4th Ave, Mineral Wells TX 76067, 940-325-4789
ABOUT OUR LADY OF LOURDES
Our Lady of Lourdes Church was established in Mineral Wells in 1906. The original site of the church has been changed over the years due to the constant growth of the area. The present church was built in 1936 by Father Patrick Gallagher, and was a mission of St. Stephens Church in Weatherford. In 1958 Our Lady of Lourdes became a parish church. Father John J. Nagle was the first pastor and remained until his retirement in 1998. We were very blest to have the services of such a wonderful priest for 40 years!
On January 10, 1999, the new 10,000 square foot Worship Center was completed. The old church is now referred to as the Chapel where Saturday evening Mass of Anticipation, daily Mass, Weddings and Baptisms are performed and the Blessed Sacrament is reposed.
In August, 2014, pews were added to the "Worship Center" which is now the Church. Our new Church Hall was constructed that year and has been named Palloti Hall.
In 2017 a Prayer Garden was started by than pastor Father Balaji Boyalla with volunteers from the parish. In 2018 Bishop Olson blessed the new Garden and the first Mass was said by Father Balaji in June 2018. We are blessed to have such a wonderful place to pray, gather and meditate.
On July 1, 2018 Father Thomas D'Souza became our new pastor, having previously been the Pastor of St. John the Baptizer, Bridgepot,Texas. We welcome Father Thomas into the OLL family and look forward to having him at Our Lady of Lourdes for many years to come.